Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Healthy Changes

I have been thinking about this blog and what exactly I should do with it. I know I am not super faithful at writing, but I think, "What if someone, someday, finds this blog motivating and wants to turn their life around?" I love wellness and I love seeing people change. That is why I keep posting.

My dear friend Katie is one of those people that has been making changes in her own life. She has lost 113.6 pounds! She recently wrote about her change on her blog and (with her permission) I wanted to share it with you. I love how honest she is about her journey. I couldn't help but smile as I read it.

We all have things that we want to change. It's not always easy. It's not easy to break a habit that we have formed and have fed for x number of days, months, years. However, when we realize that we want it more than anything, we find the motivation to do it. Don't be afraid to do something for yourself. Don't be afraid to tell people what you want to do. They will be your support. They will love you even more for your courage to change. Whether the habit is overeating, not exercising, putting harmful things into your brain or body, YOU can change.

Katie wrote that, "The combination of taking care of [her] spiritual self, physical self and emotional self has turned into the most amazing thing for [her]." It's all about becoming healthy in your whole being. You can't expect to lose, and keep off, weight if you neglect your emotional triggers that cause you to eat. It will take time to work on everything, but you will notice the change. It took Katie 10 pounds for her to begin to notice that she had more joy. It took 15 for her to see what Heavenly Father sees in her. 

"I still have moments of doubt and self doubt, but don't we all?! It doesn't go away it just varies with how we choose to handle it... I am still progressing and working on my health one day at a time... And, I just have to say that I think I am pretty awesome."--Katie 

Katie, you are awesome and very inspiring! Thank you for letting me share your journey! If you missed the link, click here to read Katie's health journey.

Katie's beautiful smile!!

Challenge: Tell someone you trust one goal that you want to accomplish, then work towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment