Thursday, January 12, 2012

Life is precious

I have been reading my friends blog lately. Long story short, her husband was diagnosed with cancer and they have been at the Huntsman Institute getting treatment for a while now. At the end of her last blog post she wrote, "Life is precious. Everyday is a gift." It really hit me hard. It is a gift. I hope you realize that too. We really don't know what is going to happen to us. We may get another day to live and become better, or we may not.

I have been studying Gerontology (the study of aging) in school and 70% of diseases we get are because of our lifestyle. 70 percent!! If you think about it, I would say we have a pretty good chance of how we want our lives to end up. I mean, there is always genetics that play a big part, too, but I just want to encourage you to be better. Live each day as if it were your last.

What are you going to change? Think of your goals...

Do you want to climb to the top of the world?

Do you want to run a race?

Do you want to play with your grandchildren?

What are you going to do? I would love to hear from you!

Challenge: Make a change for the better!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love your blogs! They always inspire me to do better :) Seriously, thanks for posting. I hope to be a cool mom who will teach her kids how to ski and play sports with them :)

    ReplyDelete